Ring in the spring with these 10 cleaning tips for your home.
1 .Wash your pillows. Don’t spend your nights with dust mites! Wash pillow covers every three weeks. Wash pillows every three months and replace pillows every three years.
2 .Bathe/groom your pets. Bathing and grooming can help control dust, dander and hair pets leave behind. Wipe pets down with allergen-removing pet wipes after brushing them or after they come in from outside.
3 .Remove your shoes. Removing your shoes before entering reduces the amount of dirt and pollen you track into your home.
4. Ditch the vinyl shower curtain. Vinyl shower curtains exude harmful chemicals in humidity and heat. They also attract mold and mildew, so replace vinyl curtains with nylon ones.
5. Clean closet floor and bookshelf clutter. Vacuum closet floors to clean out the fabric, hair and skin that settles there. Collect books? Remove them from your shelves and donate the books you don’t want. Wipe away the dust on the ones you want to keep. Then, wipe down the bookshelf.
6 .Monitor mold.Check dishwashers, drains, basements or other spaces than can harbor humidity. Ventilate bathrooms, pantries and rooms that often feel stale and humid.
7.Steam clean or freeze stuffed animals. Stuffed animals can harbor dust mites, so steam clean them, use an upholstery attachment to vacuum them or freeze them in freezer bags for 24 hours to prevent buildup. Store them in bins or boxes when not in use.
8. Clean your refrigerator. Check expiration dates and toss food older than a few months. Pull out drawers and wash them with hot, soapy water, then wipe everything down. Wipe the exterior and check front grill to make sure it’s free of dust and lint.
9. Dust away. To avoid spreading more dust in the air with traditional dusters, try dampening a microfiber cloth. They grab and trap dust, leaving little behind.
10. Clean your rugs. Rugs harbor more dust than any other place in the house, so vacuum and spot-clean or shampoo them. Make sure they’re dry before using them, as wet rugs collect more dirt and dust.
11. Wipe Walls and Ceilings: Use a vacuum to remove dust. Tackle stubborn surface grime, especially prevalent in kitchens, with a solvent-free degreaser.
12.Ensure Fire Safety: Change batteries in smoke detectors (this should be done twice a year), and make sure units are free of dust. Teach everyone in your household how to use a fire extinguisher, and review escape plans.
Cleaning your home with the intent to sell? Give me a call!
Author:Teresa Tate Phone: 615-300-0302 Dated: March 22nd 2016 Views: 391 About Teresa: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
At Exit Realty of the South, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information, comprehensive resources and the highest possible level of customer service in order to meet or exceed your real estate goals and objectives. Guided by honesty and integrity as a professional standard throughout the company, we are devoted to your total satisfaction as the benchmark of our success. The recipe for our success is an extensive support team that is second-to-none and passionate real estate professionals who invest numerous hours of continuing education to remain on top of their field.
Above and beyond having the desire, knowledge and ability to manage a real estate transaction, we employ innovative tools and systems that allow us to be most effective and efficient in serving you. From our computers to web-based real estate software and m any other innovative techniques, we are driven to stay at the leading edge of technology to better serve you.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality Realtor services. At Exit Realty of the South we strive to provide the most knowledgeable and savvy real estate agents in the market. Whether you are buying or selling, an Exit Realty of the South sales representative has the skills to serve you above the rest.